One of the hardest things about running a game can be making two evenly balanced teams - especially if you don’t know the skill level of players attending.
HC’s built-in player level ensures that every player that joins your event has self-rated their skill as one of the following: Beginner, Novice, Lower Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced, or Elite.
Once your event is set, you can automatically set teams. (Note: Currently only available on desktop/web).
- From the Event page, click the ‘Set Teams’ button.
- The Set Teams page will appear, with all players listed in the middle. On either side, you have a ‘Light team’ and a ‘Dark team’.
- To automatically set teams, click the ‘Auto Sort’ button. HC will split the players and goalies into two teams. The average skill level of the team will be displayed under the ‘Players’ section.
- You can also manually sort by dragging the player to either the Light or Dark team.
- Once you’re happy with the teams, you can hit the ‘Publish Roster’ button at the top. This will post both teams on the Event Locker Room. Players now know what jersey to wear and whom they’ll be playing with!
Pro tip: Players are encouraged to rate themselves based on their skill level. There are times when individuals may have set their skill levels incorrectly. Feel free to reach out to these players and suggest a new skill level.