If your team is in need of spare skater(s) or a spare goalie, you can create a spare request directly from the game page. This will create a community event on Hockey Community that can be seen by non-league players and goalies.
- Click 'Find Spares/Goalie'.
- Fill out the pop-up request form and hit 'Submit'.
- Your event is now created. Click 'OK' to view the event.
This event will be viewable on Hockey Community's 'Events' section. Players can request to join your game through the event page.
PRO-TIP #1: Make sure to have notifications turned on so that you don't miss any player requests to join your game.
When a player requests to join, you have the chance to review their profile before accepting them into your game.
PRO-TIP #2: Reply to answer any player inquiries on the event. This helps prospective players determine whether your game is a good fit.
Once you accept a player, two things happen:
- Player is added to your league GAME roster
- Player is added as a spare to your league TEAM roster
PRO-TIP #3: Let your new spares know any instructions they may need to know about playing! (e.g. sign waiver, how to find the rink, dressing room number, etc.)